WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP) — Authorities say a driver who lost control of his car injured a Virginia trooper when he crashed into the back of his patrol vehicle.
Virginia State Police Sgt. Michelle Anaya says in a statement that Senior Trooper B. L. Rogers Jr. was treated and released for minor injuries at a Williamsburg hospital after the collision Monday night. Anaya says Rogers was investigating a highway accident in York County when a Hampton man slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting the vehicle in front and lost control.
Anaya says Deandre Lamont Gillis was charged with reckless driving.
Police did not release further details.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘Needle spiking’ of women in Britain stirs alarm over new kind of assault
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- California travel blogger among 2 killed in Mexico's Tulum
- Northwest is in for a cold, stormy winter, NOAA predicts