FRONT ROYAL, Va. (AP) — Virginia State Police say one person is dead after a small plane crash in the Shenandoah Valley.
Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said in a statement that the private aircraft crashed around 1:40 p.m. Saturday in Warren County. It went down near the Front Royal airport and caught fire.
Geller says the FAA and NTSB have been notified, and the crash remains under investigation.
The person killed was not immediately identified, and no further details were released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- 'Botched': Arizona GOP's ballot count ends, troubles persist
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Bacon may become scarce in California as pig rules take effect