GLOUCESTER, Va. (AP) — A 90-year-old man has been charged in a crash that injured a Virginia state trooper.
Sgt. Michelle Anaya with Virginia State Police said in a statement that a vehicle driven by Phillip W. Hamilton Jr. failed to yield the right of way while exiting a shopping center on Tuesday, and struck the trooper’s vehicle on the passenger side.
The unidentified trooper was treated for minor, non-life-threatening injuries at a hospital and released.
Hamilton wasn’t injured and has been charged with failure to yield right of way. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy