LEANDER, Texas (AP) — Dash cam video shows what happened when a school bus driver ignored a barricade and drove into a flooded road in Texas.
It occurred Oct. 16 as heavy rain caused flooding around Austin, Texas.
Footage released by police in Leander shows the bus, carrying one child, was quickly swept away as the water got deeper and covered the hood. The bus eventually ended up in a clump of trees, where the driver and 12-year-old passenger were rescued.
The driver was fired. Police charged him with endangering a child and failure to obey warning signs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Should you get another COVID booster?
- Stolen valor: The U.S. volunteers in Ukraine who lie, waste and bicker
Police say they released the video to show the dangers of trying to drive in flood conditions.