LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — A video released Monday by Nigeria’s Boko Haram Islamic extremists purportedly shows some of the young women kidnapped from a school nearly four years ago who vow never to return home.
Of the 276 girls abducted from their boarding school in Chibok in April 2014 by Islamic militants, about 100 are believed to remain in captivity.
Many of them were forced to marry their captors and several young women in the new video are shown with children.
Boko Haram often kidnaps young girls and has used many to carry out suicide bombing attacks in northeastern Nigeria.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Wealthy parents in admissions scandal under intense pressure to make deals. Here's why