WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Surveillance video shows two young brothers in Connecticut getting into a hot car on their own without any adults around before one of them died.
West Haven police say Friday that the recording shows 4-year-old Dusan Jenkins and 2-year-old Davion Jenkins getting into their family’s vehicle after leaving their apartment unaccompanied on July 19. It also shows their father getting them out of the car and bringing them inside.
Both boys were brought to a hospital, where Dusan later died. Police say Davion is now back at home.
Police say it’s not clear how long the boys were in the car. Their father called 911 at about 3 p.m. that day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
No charges have been filed. Police are still investigating.