WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Surveillance video shows two young brothers in Connecticut getting into a hot car on their own without any adults around before one of them died.
West Haven police say Friday that the recording shows 4-year-old Dusan Jenkins and 2-year-old Davion Jenkins getting into their family’s vehicle after leaving their apartment unaccompanied on July 19. It also shows their father getting them out of the car and bringing them inside.
Both boys were brought to a hospital, where Dusan later died. Police say Davion is now back at home.
Police say it’s not clear how long the boys were in the car. Their father called 911 at about 3 p.m. that day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
No charges have been filed. Police are still investigating.