SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have identified the victim of a three-vehicle fatal crash in Minnehaha County.
The Highway Patrol says 19-year-old Caitlyn Carman of Sioux Falls was driving a sport utility vehicle that was struck from behind on state Highway 42 by a minivan. The collision Thursday evening pushed Carman’s vehicle into the path of a semitrailer.
Carman died at the scene about 15 miles west of Sioux Falls. A 10-year-old Parker boy who was a passenger in her vehicle was flown to a Sioux Falls hospital with what the patrol says are life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the second SUV and the semi were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target