SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have identified the victim of a three-vehicle fatal crash in Minnehaha County.
The Highway Patrol says 19-year-old Caitlyn Carman of Sioux Falls was driving a sport utility vehicle that was struck from behind on state Highway 42 by a minivan. The collision Thursday evening pushed Carman’s vehicle into the path of a semitrailer.
Carman died at the scene about 15 miles west of Sioux Falls. A 10-year-old Parker boy who was a passenger in her vehicle was flown to a Sioux Falls hospital with what the patrol says are life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the second SUV and the semi were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'