SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have identified the victim of a three-vehicle fatal crash in Minnehaha County.
The Highway Patrol says 19-year-old Caitlyn Carman of Sioux Falls was driving a sport utility vehicle that was struck from behind on state Highway 42 by a minivan. The collision Thursday evening pushed Carman’s vehicle into the path of a semitrailer.
Carman died at the scene about 15 miles west of Sioux Falls. A 10-year-old Parker boy who was a passenger in her vehicle was flown to a Sioux Falls hospital with what the patrol says are life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the second SUV and the semi were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.