SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico State Police say a veteran officer has died after suffering a medical incident while on duty.
They say Sgt. Thomas Vitale died Saturday.
State Police didn’t immediately disclose details of the medical incident.
They say Vitale was an Army veteran and served 18 years in the police department and was assigned to District 12 in Deming.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Ex-staffer's unauthorized book about Jan. 6 committee rankles members
He’s survived by his wife and three children.
State Police say funeral plans for Vitale are pending.