BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The leading scorer and rebounder for the University of Vermont men’s basketball team could be out for the season with a broken foot.
The school’s athletic department reported Saturday that sophomore Anthony Lamb is out indefinitely after suffering the injury in practice.
The 6-foot-6, 227-pound forward leads in scoring (16.8 points per game) and rebounds (6.0 per game) for the Catamounts (8-5).
Coach John Becker told The Burlington Free Press that Lamb will be sidelined about eight weeks. That means it’s possible Lamb could return around the start of conference playoffs but Becker said it’s too early to say. The injury happened on Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest