GEORGIA, Vt. (AP) — The Georgia Mountain wind farm project in the Vermont towns of Georgia and Milton has a new owner.
Last month Greenbacker Renewable Energy, based in New York, bought the four-turbine, 10-megawatt Georgia Mountain Community Wind for $25.1 million. The company says it also owns and operates nine solar facilities in Vermont.
Georgia Mountain was developed by Vermont energy entrepreneur David Blittersdorf.
All the power produced by Georgia Mountain as well as the renewable energy credits associated with that power are sold to Burlington Electric.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW