GEORGIA, Vt. (AP) — The Georgia Mountain wind farm project in the Vermont towns of Georgia and Milton has a new owner.
Last month Greenbacker Renewable Energy, based in New York, bought the four-turbine, 10-megawatt Georgia Mountain Community Wind for $25.1 million. The company says it also owns and operates nine solar facilities in Vermont.
Georgia Mountain was developed by Vermont energy entrepreneur David Blittersdorf.
All the power produced by Georgia Mountain as well as the renewable energy credits associated with that power are sold to Burlington Electric.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover