GEORGIA, Vt. (AP) — The Georgia Mountain wind farm project in the Vermont towns of Georgia and Milton has a new owner.
Last month Greenbacker Renewable Energy, based in New York, bought the four-turbine, 10-megawatt Georgia Mountain Community Wind for $25.1 million. The company says it also owns and operates nine solar facilities in Vermont.
Georgia Mountain was developed by Vermont energy entrepreneur David Blittersdorf.
All the power produced by Georgia Mountain as well as the renewable energy credits associated with that power are sold to Burlington Electric.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused