GEORGIA, Vt. (AP) — The Georgia Mountain wind farm project in the Vermont towns of Georgia and Milton has a new owner.
Last month Greenbacker Renewable Energy, based in New York, bought the four-turbine, 10-megawatt Georgia Mountain Community Wind for $25.1 million. The company says it also owns and operates nine solar facilities in Vermont.
Georgia Mountain was developed by Vermont energy entrepreneur David Blittersdorf.
All the power produced by Georgia Mountain as well as the renewable energy credits associated with that power are sold to Burlington Electric.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says