CROYDON, N.H. (AP) — Police in New Hampshire say they charged a Vermont woman with negligent homicide and aggravated driving while intoxicated after a car crash in which two people were killed.
Police say the crash happened at 11:15 p.m. Friday night on Route 10 in Croydon, New Hampshire. They say the head-on collision killed 20-year-old Michelle Fenimore of Brownington, Vermont, and 18-year-old Nicholas Carpenter of Coventry, Vermont.
Police say a car driven by 22-year-old Kristine Lake of Sharon, Vermont, drifted into the southbound lane before crashing with the car driven by Fenimore, in which Carpenter was a passenger. Lake suffered minor injuries and was later charged.
Police say Lake was released on $50,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 3. They said they didn’t know if she has retained an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, trailblazer and champion of liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- Proud Boy who disappeared ahead of his Jan. 6 sentencing was found unconscious by agents at his home