HARTFORD, Vt. (AP) — The Hartford School District has settled a lawsuit brought by a family who claimed their son was sexually abused and harassed by a kindergarten classmate.
School district attorney Richard Windish told the Valley News this week that the matter has been resolved but declined to comment further.
The boy’s parents filed the lawsuit anonymously in 2016 alleging that their then 5-year-old son was abused and harassed by a fellow student at the Ottauquechee School during the 2012-13 school year and that school officials didn’t do enough to stop it. School officials argued they acted appropriately.
The case had been set to go to trial on Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
Information from: Lebanon Valley News, http://www.vnews.com