HARTFORD, Vt. (AP) — The Hartford School District has settled a lawsuit brought by a family who claimed their son was sexually abused and harassed by a kindergarten classmate.
School district attorney Richard Windish told the Valley News this week that the matter has been resolved but declined to comment further.
The boy’s parents filed the lawsuit anonymously in 2016 alleging that their then 5-year-old son was abused and harassed by a fellow student at the Ottauquechee School during the 2012-13 school year and that school officials didn’t do enough to stop it. School officials argued they acted appropriately.
The case had been set to go to trial on Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Justice Department is reviewing role of fake Trump electors, top official says
Information from: Lebanon Valley News, http://www.vnews.com