MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont Emergency Management is hosting two more annual spring flooding seminars this week.
The events take place at North Country Hospital in Newport on Tuesday and at the State police barracks in St. Albans on Thursday, both from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Organizers say they are a chance for emergency management and its partners to talk with community leaders and responders about the latest forecast for the spring flood season, the emergency response assistance available from the state and topics such as emergency planning and disaster recovery.
Nearly 100 people attended the first three sessions in Westminster, Rutland and Waterbury.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19