SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — More than 200 people showed up to a counter-protest in South Burlington only to discover that the original rally never materialized.
WCAX-TV reports that the People of Color Caucus put out a call for action after getting word on social media that a prominent white supremacist group was holding a rally in the area on Saturday. But when they showed up, they found only like-minded counter-protesters holding signs promoting unity.
Elizabeth Deutsch of Hinesburg says whether the original rally was actually planned or just a scare tactic, she was glad to stand up for those who can’t speak for themselves.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com