SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — More than 200 people showed up to a counter-protest in South Burlington only to discover that the original rally never materialized.
WCAX-TV reports that the People of Color Caucus put out a call for action after getting word on social media that a prominent white supremacist group was holding a rally in the area on Saturday. But when they showed up, they found only like-minded counter-protesters holding signs promoting unity.
Elizabeth Deutsch of Hinesburg says whether the original rally was actually planned or just a scare tactic, she was glad to stand up for those who can’t speak for themselves.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com