GREEN VALLEY, Ariz. (AP) — Federal authorities say three people were injured when the vehicle they were in fled an immigration checkpoint in southern Arizona.
The incident happened Sunday night along Interstate 19 near Green Valley. Authorities say U.S. Border Patrol agents, with the help of state troopers, followed the vehicle northbound until it crashed.
The vehicle rolled and temporarily blocked northbound traffic on the interstate.
The driver of the vehicle and two passengers were transported to a hospital, and authorities say the driver is now in custody. No other details were immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
Authorities said the investigation was ongoing.