LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police say they arrested a suspected burglar after a rooftop standoff that lasted three hours.
Police say the man was armed with a knife and threw roof tiles at officers to keep them away.
Las Vegas police Lt. David Gordon says officers encountered the man as they were responding to a domestic disturbance call just before midnight Wednesday.
He says the man broke into a residence, took a knife and climbed onto the roof of a home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Police were able to arrest the man early Thursday.
Gordon says the man was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
An officer was injured while chasing the man before he climbed the roof.