LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police say they arrested a suspected burglar after a rooftop standoff that lasted three hours.
Police say the man was armed with a knife and threw roof tiles at officers to keep them away.
Las Vegas police Lt. David Gordon says officers encountered the man as they were responding to a domestic disturbance call just before midnight Wednesday.
He says the man broke into a residence, took a knife and climbed onto the roof of a home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The story behind a photo of two migrants found dead in the Rio Grande
- Analysis: Winners and losers from Democratic presidential debate's first night
- Senate passes $4.6B border aid measure; Pelosi seeks talks
- AP FACT CHECK: Dems' missteps on climate, wages in debate VIEW
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
Police were able to arrest the man early Thursday.
Gordon says the man was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
An officer was injured while chasing the man before he climbed the roof.