LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police say they arrested a suspected burglar after a rooftop standoff that lasted three hours.
Police say the man was armed with a knife and threw roof tiles at officers to keep them away.
Las Vegas police Lt. David Gordon says officers encountered the man as they were responding to a domestic disturbance call just before midnight Wednesday.
He says the man broke into a residence, took a knife and climbed onto the roof of a home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Police were able to arrest the man early Thursday.
Gordon says the man was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
An officer was injured while chasing the man before he climbed the roof.