LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police say they arrested a suspected burglar after a rooftop standoff that lasted three hours.
Police say the man was armed with a knife and threw roof tiles at officers to keep them away.
Las Vegas police Lt. David Gordon says officers encountered the man as they were responding to a domestic disturbance call just before midnight Wednesday.
He says the man broke into a residence, took a knife and climbed onto the roof of a home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
Police were able to arrest the man early Thursday.
Gordon says the man was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
An officer was injured while chasing the man before he climbed the roof.