LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police say they arrested a suspected burglar after a rooftop standoff that lasted three hours.
Police say the man was armed with a knife and threw roof tiles at officers to keep them away.
Las Vegas police Lt. David Gordon says officers encountered the man as they were responding to a domestic disturbance call just before midnight Wednesday.
He says the man broke into a residence, took a knife and climbed onto the roof of a home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- America is at a low ebb, shaken by multiple blows, and Trump adds to the distress
- Medical examiner: Floyd's heart stopped while restrained
- Trump took shelter in White House bunker as protests raged
- What is known about the White House's secret tunnels, bunker
- Trump, Bowser spar over police response as White House protests continue
Police were able to arrest the man early Thursday.
Gordon says the man was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
An officer was injured while chasing the man before he climbed the roof.