ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The coach of Wasilla’s American Legion baseball team says vandals caused an estimated $5,000 damage to the team’s field and equipment.
Ken Ottinger tells Anchorage television station KTVA that he discovered the vandalism this week when he went to McManus Field to get it ready.
He found vulgar images painted on the field and in the home dugout.
The vandals broke into a locked storage building and badly damaged a riding lawnmower.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
They also removed bats, balls, helmets and catcher’s equipment and left the gear strewn around the field in rain.
It’s the third year of damage at the field. Vandals previously broke into the concession stand, stole equipment used to run the scoreboard and public address system and damaged restrooms.