McLEAN, Va. (AP) — A northern Virginia mansion that resembles the White House is going up for auction.
The Federal-style mansion was built in 1989 and has a rounded portico similar to the one on the southern facade of the White House.
WTOP-FM (http://tinyurl.com/jd7wqes) reports that the 12,500-square-foot, six-bedroom home goes on auction next month.
Jeff Stein, a partner with real estate auction firm Tranzon Fox, says he expects opening bids in the $3 million range. He calls it the “White House on Georgetown Pike.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
The home is not the only one in the neighborhood inspired by the White House. A five-minute drive away, there’s an even more faithful imitation of the executive mansion, with replicas of the Oval Office, Truman Balcony and Lincoln Bedroom.
Information from: WTOP-FM, http://www.wtop.com