TREMONTON, Utah (AP) — A Utah woman is behind bars but three other suspects remain at large following the theft of a police cruiser during a bizarre chain of events near the Idaho line.
The trouble began when a Tremonton police officer pulled over four people in a speeding vehicle north of Ogden at about 2 a.m. Tuesday.
The 34-year-old female driver ran and the officer caught her, but the other three suspects took off in the car. A Box Elder County deputy caught up with the 28-year-old female driver but the two passengers were gone.
Both women were handcuffed. But while the officers searched the other car, one woman slid into the driver’s seat of the cruiser and took off again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- Family dog dies protecting kids from mountain lion in Colorado
Authorities found the abandoned cruiser a mile away and arrested the 34-year-old again. The other three are still missing.