SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — State Sen. Kevin Van Tassell says he won’t seek a new term in the legislature next year.
The Vernal Republican said in a statement Friday that there are other things he wants to do with his life after finishing his current term.
Van Tassell has served in the Legislature since 2006.
He also serves as an area president for three branches of Zions Bank in northeastern Utah.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat