OGDEN, Utah (AP) — A Utah man has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for the deadly shooting of a Sunset man last year.
The Standard-Examiner reports 18-year-old Seth Carreras of Layton was sentenced Thursday in a Farmington courtroom after pleading guilty to first-degree murder in March.
According to court documents, Carreras shot 19-year-old Hunter Woodson 11 times in late November. The shooting occurred after Carreras purchased a bag filled with paprika, salt and pepper believing it was marijuana.
Carreras declined to speak at the sentencing hearing Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Woodson’s mother addressed the court, saying her grandson will grow up not knowing his father because of Carreras.
Judge Thomas Kay told Carreras that he had “taken from the mother, family and girlfriend something they cannot replace.”
Information from: Standard-Examiner, http://www.standard.net