PROVO, Utah (AP) — Utah County Attorney Jeff Buhman says he won’t run for re-election this year after more than a decade in the post.
The Daily Herald newspaper in Provo reports that Buhman said Thursday in an email that he’s ready to pursue different challenges. Buhman was first elected in 2006.
Buhman threw his support behind deputy county attorney Chad Grunander, who said on Thursday he’ll run for the position in the election later this year.
David Leavitt, an Orem attorney and brother of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, has also announced he’ll run for the position. David Leavitt gained notoriety when he was the Juab County Attorney for prosecuting polygamist Tom Green, who was convicted in 2001 of child rape.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com