PROVO, Utah (AP) — Utah County Attorney Jeff Buhman says he won’t run for re-election this year after more than a decade in the post.
The Daily Herald newspaper in Provo reports that Buhman said Thursday in an email that he’s ready to pursue different challenges. Buhman was first elected in 2006.
Buhman threw his support behind deputy county attorney Chad Grunander, who said on Thursday he’ll run for the position in the election later this year.
David Leavitt, an Orem attorney and brother of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, has also announced he’ll run for the position. David Leavitt gained notoriety when he was the Juab County Attorney for prosecuting polygamist Tom Green, who was convicted in 2001 of child rape.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Correction: 3D Gun-Lawsuit story WATCH
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com