PROVO, Utah (AP) — Utah County Attorney Jeff Buhman says he won’t run for re-election this year after more than a decade in the post.
The Daily Herald newspaper in Provo reports that Buhman said Thursday in an email that he’s ready to pursue different challenges. Buhman was first elected in 2006.
Buhman threw his support behind deputy county attorney Chad Grunander, who said on Thursday he’ll run for the position in the election later this year.
David Leavitt, an Orem attorney and brother of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, has also announced he’ll run for the position. David Leavitt gained notoriety when he was the Juab County Attorney for prosecuting polygamist Tom Green, who was convicted in 2001 of child rape.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com