BOSTON (AP) — Congressman Joe Kennedy and his wife have announced the birth of their first child, a daughter named Eleanor.
The Massachusetts Democrat made the announcement Tuesday on Twitter. He says he and wife Lauren Kennedy are grateful for the love and support they’ve received.
He says on Facebook Eleanor’s “mom is doing great and her dad can’t stop smiling.”
The birth marks the arrival of a new generation of the famed political family. The couple married in December 2012, just a month after he won his first run for office.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- MacKenzie Scott, French Gates join to award $40M for gender equality efforts in U.S.
Joe Kennedy is the son of former U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy II and the grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy. He took office in 2013, filling the seat formerly held by Barney Frank to represent the state’s 4th Congressional District.