CLOVIS, N.M. (AP) — The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds have landed in the Clovis area ahead of a biennial air show on the eastern New Mexico air force base.
The Eastern New Mexico News reports the U.S. Air Force’s official air demonstration team will be one of the many attractions featured in the “Air Commandos on the High Plains” weekend event at the Cannon Air Force Base.
The team arrived to the base on Thursday after a performance in Colorado.
A statement from the base says the team includes 120 enlisted personnel, 24 maintenance specialists and a few civilian coordinators; yet at its core are 12 officers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- ‘We’re going away’: A state’s choice to forgo Medicaid funds is killing hospitals VIEW
Other performers include the Royal Canadian Air Force F-18 Demo team and SOCOM Para-Commandos jump team.
Information from: The Eastern New Mexico News, http://www.easternnewmexiconews.com