BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The University of Vermont is investigating flyers with racist language found on campus on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The Burlington Free Press reports university officials called the flyers “abhorrent” and “an assault on our values as an institution” in a letter Tuesday. Administrators say the flyers displayed racist, anti-immigration language. Officials did not elaborate on what they said.
According to a university statement, police are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com