BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The University of Vermont is investigating flyers with racist language found on campus on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The Burlington Free Press reports university officials called the flyers “abhorrent” and “an assault on our values as an institution” in a letter Tuesday. Administrators say the flyers displayed racist, anti-immigration language. Officials did not elaborate on what they said.
According to a university statement, police are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com