BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The University of Vermont is investigating flyers with racist language found on campus on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The Burlington Free Press reports university officials called the flyers “abhorrent” and “an assault on our values as an institution” in a letter Tuesday. Administrators say the flyers displayed racist, anti-immigration language. Officials did not elaborate on what they said.
According to a university statement, police are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com