BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — New York state’s largest public university has launched its largest ever fundraising campaign.
The University at Buffalo announced details of its “Boldly Buffalo” effort on Monday. Its goal of raising $650 million makes it the largest fundraising effort in the history of the State University of New York system.
Already, UB has secured more than $451 million in the early portion of the campaign. Organizers say more than 100 donors have pledged $1 million or more.
Donations are being used to fund scholarships and fellowships, as well as to establish endowed chair and professor positions. UB says funds will also be put toward building new facilities and modernizing existing structures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- 'Whoa, that's not right': Georgia towns lead census appeals
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations