MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont’s unemployment rate for April remains unchanged from March, at 2.8 percent.
The unemployment rate for Vermont’s 17 labor market ranged from a low of 2.2 percent in Burlington-South Burlington to a high of 5.9 percent in Derby. The Burlington-South Burlington metropolitan area had the sixth lowest unemployment in the country.
The national rate in April was 3.9 percent.
Vermont Labor Commissioner Lindsay Kurrle said Friday that the numbers from the first four months of 2018 shows “strong labor force growth.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FEMA plans to test national alert system on Oct. 4
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- Human body found in the mouth of 14-foot Florida alligator
- David Brooks and the $78 airport meal the internet is talking about
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events