BALTIMORE (AP) — An underground electrical fire closed several blocks of traffic in downtown Baltimore, the second such incident this year.
A spokesman for Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. say it’s unclear what sparked the fire Sunday evening.
Crews were on the scene Monday at Charles and Lombard streets replacing a 130-section of damaged cable.
The utility expected repairs to continue at least through Monday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Crews reported to a similar fire in the area in February.