CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill tops a list of best values in public universities, and N.C. State University also made the top 10.
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance ranked the flagship UNC campus as its No. 1 list of affordable public universities because of its combination of financial aid and strong academics. The school has topped the list 17 times. The publication noted that the average student who qualifies for financial aid saves about two-thirds of the normal $17,000 in-state tuition.
N.C. State University also climbed a number of spots to reach the No. 9 ranking in Kiplinger’s public university list.
In separate lists by Kiplinger, Duke University ranked as the third-best value in private universities, while Davidson College ranked as the top value in liberal arts colleges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities