OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was found wandering around a store parking lot after her mother left her sleeping in a car while she went shopping.
Ocean Township police say 33-year-old Humu Koroma, of Neptune, faces a child endangerment charge.
Officers who responded to the store late Friday afternoon canvassed the lot and found a car with the door slightly open. They checked the vehicle’s registration and, after determining its owner, had the woman’s name broadcast over the store’s public address system.
Police say the toddler was left unattended for about 30 minutes but appeared to be unharmed. The state’s child welfare agency was notified about the incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
It wasn’t known Wednesday if Koroma has retained an attorney.