LONDON (AP) — British police say they have arrested three men in connection with an explosion over the weekend in the English city of Leicester that killed five people.
Sunday’s blast caused the collapse of a building which housed a shop and a two-story apartment.
Leicestershire Police said Wednesday that “police investigating the cause of the explosion and fire in Leicester … have arrested three men on suspicion of manslaughter.”
Police said the suspects are all in their 30s. The cause of the explosion hasn’t been disclosed, but police said “we stress that there remains no evidence that the events of Sunday night are in any way terrorist related.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Lucky player in Auburn wins $754.6M Powerball prize
- Boebert, Greene, Cruz and others decry ‘demonic’ Grammys
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- White people have flocked back to city centers — and transformed them
- Fears mount around 'catastrophic' abortion pills case as decision nears
Leicester is 110 miles (180 kilometers) north of London.