TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman jumped from a moving Uber car after the driver refused to let her out.
News outlets report that 30-year-old Destiny Green was arrested Wednesday and charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment.
The passenger told police she had been out drinking with friends in Tallahassee and ordered the Uber around 3 a.m. At some point, the passenger asked to be let out, and Green refused. Green told the woman she was taking her to a hospital, despite the woman asking to be let out at each stoplight.
The woman told police she eventually got the window down and jumped out. She called 911, and officers found her with bloody knees and hands.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Police located Green at her home later Wednesday.
Green was being held without bail. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.