PACIFICA, Calif. (AP) — A wrong-way driver collided head-on with the car of an Uber driver in northern California, killing two.
The California Highway Patrol says the fiery crash happened just after 2:30 a.m. Friday on Highway 1 in Pacifica.
Investigators say the driver of the car that hit the Uber vehicle was killed. A passenger in the back seat of the Uber was killed. He was identified as 25-year-old Jason Gilbride of Pacifica.
The Uber driver was hospitalized with unknown injuries
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- Prison officials allowed convicted sex abuser Larry Nassar to pay little to victims while spending thousands on himself
Uber says in a statement that the company is “deeply saddened by this terrible tragedy.”
It’s unclear why the wrong-way driver crossed the center line.