COSTA MESA, Calif. — An Uber driver is suing a California man accused of slapping and hitting the driver in an attack that was recorded on video.
KABC-TV in Los Angeles reports (http://bit.ly/1KXvB99 ) Edward Caban filed a lawsuit Tuesday in Orange County against 32-year-old Benjamin Golden.
The suit seeks damages in excess of $25,000 for assault, battery, and infliction of emotional distress.
Golden has been charged with assault and battery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The Newport Beach resident is out of jail and couldn’t be reached for comment.
Police say Golden, a former brand manager for Taco Bell, was ordered out of the car on Friday in Costa Mesa because he was too drunk to give directions.
Police say a dashboard camera video shows Golden slapping Caban, grabbing his hair and slamming his head against a window.
Information from: KABC-TV, http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/