ST. ANN, Mo. (AP) — An Uber driver in suburban St. Louis is hospitalized after being stabbed in the neck during a carjacking.
KMOV-TV reports that the crime happened Sunday afternoon in St. Ann. Police say a 47-year-old Uber driver was dropping off three passengers. After two got out, a 17-year-old remained inside the car and demanded that the driver get out.
Police say the suspect stabbed the driver when he refused to leave the car. The victim ran to a home and called 911.
A short time later, Bridgeton police spotted the stolen vehicle. The suspect was arrested after a brief pursuit. Charges have not yet been filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
A spokesman for Uber called the attack “deeply troubling.”
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com