ST. ANN, Mo. (AP) — An Uber driver in suburban St. Louis is hospitalized after being stabbed in the neck during a carjacking.
KMOV-TV reports that the crime happened Sunday afternoon in St. Ann. Police say a 47-year-old Uber driver was dropping off three passengers. After two got out, a 17-year-old remained inside the car and demanded that the driver get out.
Police say the suspect stabbed the driver when he refused to leave the car. The victim ran to a home and called 911.
A short time later, Bridgeton police spotted the stolen vehicle. The suspect was arrested after a brief pursuit. Charges have not yet been filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Dog reunited with family 101 days after California wildfire
- Why do zebras have stripes? Perhaps to dazzle away flies
A spokesman for Uber called the attack “deeply troubling.”
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com