AKRON, Ohio (AP) — An Uber driver convicted of sexually assaulting a woman after giving her a ride to her northeast Ohio home has been sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison.
The Akron Beacon Journal reports 34-year-old Brandon Franklin, of Tallmadge, was sentenced Tuesday in Akron on a third-degree sexual battery conviction.
The woman says she woke up on March 25, 2017, and discovered Franklin having sex with her at her home. She testified she pushed him out of the room but doesn’t remember much else because she was intoxicated.
Franklin says the 22-year-old woman initiated the encounter and willingly had sex with him. He plans to appeal the conviction.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- Are allergies making you tired, or is it COVID … or something else?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Miami Beach struggles with spring break violence, big crowds VIEW
- How immune are we? Why knowing this is essential for post-pandemic life
Information from: Akron Beacon Journal, http://www.ohio.com