BEAR, Del. (AP) — A Philadelphia couple eloped with an assist from a sentimental Uber driver who provided a free ride after learning his fares were getting married.
The News Journal in Wilmington reports (http://delonline.us/2uDg0fW ) that driver David Scullion II of Bear, Delaware, picked up the stranded couple Friday on southbound Interstate 95 after they had a flat tire.
When he learned they were eloping, Scullion offered to drop the fare if he could serve as a witness.
The trio made it to the court clerk in Cecil County, Maryland, just in time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
Scullion also helped the couple repair the flat and jump-started their car after they had left the lights running in a panic.
Scullion told the paper he felt compelled as a hopeless romantic to turn off the fare meter.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com