MILWAUKEE (AP) — A Milwaukee television reporter charged with a felony for allegedly hitting another reporter at a Brewers baseball game is no longer with the station.
WITI-TV reported in a story about its reporter Adair “A.J.” Bayatpour pleading not guilty to substantial battery Tuesday that he “no longer works” for the Fox affiliate.
The 31-year-old Bayatpour is accused of hitting a reporter from another station during the April 6 argument at Miller Park. The altercation happened during a Milwaukee Brewers game against the Chicago Cubs.
Bayatpour’s attorney, Julius Kim, confirms to The Associated Press that Bayatpour “was released from his employment contract.” Kim says he believes the charge “doesn’t accurately represent what occurred here.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
WITI general manager Chuck Steinmetz said in an email that the station does not comment on personnel issues.