DALLAS (AP) — A Tuesday funeral has been set for a Dallas police officer killed in a shooting during a confrontation with a suspected shoplifter.
The public funeral for Officer Rogelio (roh-HEE’-lee-yoh) Santander (san-TAN’-dur) is scheduled for 11 a.m. at the Lake Pointe Church in nearby Rockwall followed by a burial at Restland Cemetery on the northern outskirts of Dallas.
A private Mass is set for Monday at the Cathedral-Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in downtown Dallas, with public visitation from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the cathedral.
Another police officer and a store employee were injured in the April 27 shooting at a Home Depot store in northern Dallas. Police Chief U. Renee Hall says both are recovering.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Armando Luis Juarez has been charged with capital murder in the shootings.