TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a pedestrian is dead after being struck by a freight train in downtown Tucson.
The incident occurred Thursday morning on tracks near West Sixth Street and North Ninth Avenue.
Police say roads and several intersections in the immediate area will be closed several hours during the investigation.
Police advised motorists to avoid the area around the Union Pacific tracks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Additional details weren’t immediately released.