LAKE GENEVA, Wis. (AP) — President Donald Trump is making an appearance at the National Snow Sculpting Championship in Wisconsin, just not in person.
Trump’s visage appears in a creation by a Minnesota team titled “Peep.”
It has Trump’s signature hair and a twisted face that sculptor Dusty Thune says is meant to evoke Trump’s vulgar comment about African countries.
The entries will be judged Saturday on creativity, technique and message. Competitors choose the winner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Fifteen teams from 10 states gathered in Lake Geneva for the event. Each team got a cylinder of snow 8 feet across and 9 feet high, to carve with saws, axes, files, scaffolding, shovels and other homemade implements.