LAKE GENEVA, Wis. (AP) — President Donald Trump is making an appearance at the National Snow Sculpting Championship in Wisconsin, just not in person.
Trump’s visage appears in a creation by a Minnesota team titled “Peep.”
It has Trump’s signature hair and a twisted face that sculptor Dusty Thune says is meant to evoke Trump’s vulgar comment about African countries.
The entries will be judged Saturday on creativity, technique and message. Competitors choose the winner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Fifteen teams from 10 states gathered in Lake Geneva for the event. Each team got a cylinder of snow 8 feet across and 9 feet high, to carve with saws, axes, files, scaffolding, shovels and other homemade implements.