LAKE GENEVA, Wis. (AP) — President Donald Trump is making an appearance at the National Snow Sculpting Championship in Wisconsin, just not in person.
Trump’s visage appears in a creation by a Minnesota team titled “Peep.”
It has Trump’s signature hair and a twisted face that sculptor Dusty Thune says is meant to evoke Trump’s vulgar comment about African countries.
The entries will be judged Saturday on creativity, technique and message. Competitors choose the winner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Fifteen teams from 10 states gathered in Lake Geneva for the event. Each team got a cylinder of snow 8 feet across and 9 feet high, to carve with saws, axes, files, scaffolding, shovels and other homemade implements.