LOS ANGELES (AP) — Visitors are getting their first glimpses of Shaunzi, the Los Angeles Zoo’s newest elephant.
The 46-year-old Asian female elephant came to LA from Fresno after her longtime companion died.
Shaunzi, who was born in Thailand and spent years in a circus, was introduced to the public Thursday in the Elephants of Asia exhibit.
The pachyderm was trucked 215 miles from Fresno Chaffee Zoo in a special crate last month.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison