PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is predicting that Democrats and Republicans will “eventually come together “on a new health care plan for the country.
Sending a Twitter post early Tuesday from his Florida resort, Trump said “the very unfair and unpopular Individual Mandate has been terminated as part of our Tax Cut Bill, which essentially Repeals (over time) Obamacare.”
Much of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act remains intact, however, and the sign-up period for the various options was carried out as normal this year.
Majority Republicans sought repeatedly to repeal the 2010 law this year, but couldn’t get it through the Senate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Packing his bags: Trump plans jet-setting summer of travel
Trump his wife, Melania, and their son, Barron, spent Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago resort.
This story has been corrected to state Trump ID in last paragraph.