PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is predicting that Democrats and Republicans will “eventually come together “on a new health care plan for the country.
Sending a Twitter post early Tuesday from his Florida resort, Trump said “the very unfair and unpopular Individual Mandate has been terminated as part of our Tax Cut Bill, which essentially Repeals (over time) Obamacare.”
Much of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act remains intact, however, and the sign-up period for the various options was carried out as normal this year.
Majority Republicans sought repeatedly to repeal the 2010 law this year, but couldn’t get it through the Senate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Trump his wife, Melania, and their son, Barron, spent Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago resort.
This story has been corrected to state Trump ID in last paragraph.