PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is predicting that Democrats and Republicans will “eventually come together “on a new health care plan for the country.
Sending a Twitter post early Tuesday from his Florida resort, Trump said “the very unfair and unpopular Individual Mandate has been terminated as part of our Tax Cut Bill, which essentially Repeals (over time) Obamacare.”
Much of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act remains intact, however, and the sign-up period for the various options was carried out as normal this year.
Majority Republicans sought repeatedly to repeal the 2010 law this year, but couldn’t get it through the Senate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Gunman kills 19 children, 2 teachers in Texas school rampage
- Seattle accountant retires on cruise ships to save money
- 'Complete evil': Texas gunman kills 19 children, 2 teachers
- Another, faster-spreading omicron subvariant dominates new COVID cases in U.S.
- Kellyanne Conway trashes ‘shrewd and calculating’ Jared Kushner in new tell-all memoir
Trump his wife, Melania, and their son, Barron, spent Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago resort.
This story has been corrected to state Trump ID in last paragraph.