MECHANICSBURG, Pa. (AP) — On the campaign stump, Donald Trump has opened August by moving from “Crooked Hillary” to “the devil.”
Speaking in Pennsylvania on Monday, the billionaire real estate mogul derided Bernie Sanders’ capitulation in the Democratic primary race and Sanders’ decision to support Clinton.
Trump said of Sanders: “He made a deal with the devil. She’s the devil.”
Trump in recent days has taken to categorizing the Clinton-Sanders understanding as a “deal with the devil” but this was the first time that he went so far as to specifically equate Clinton with Lucifer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Trump’s supporters packed a Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, high school gymnasium and thousands more were left outside or forced to watch in a spillover room.