WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has fired a campaign aide after racially charged Facebook posts surfaced on the aide’s account.
The Trump campaign says longtime aide Sam Nunberg was fired.
The website Business Insider reported the posts Friday. They included a racist slur to describe the Rev. Al Sharpton’s daughter and references to President Barack Obama as a “Socialist Marxist Islamo Fascist Nazi Appeaser” and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as “Huckahick.”
Nunberg told the website he was shocked and didn’t recall writing the messages
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man kills 6, then self, at Colorado birthday party shooting
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- U.S. Navy shares photos of enormous Arabian Sea weapons seizure
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- Fauci Says Indoor Mask Guidance Can ‘Start Being More Liberal’
Nunberg has spent years working for Trump’s organization and has been fired before, in 2014 when Buzzfeed published an unflattering profile of Trump.
Trump’s lawyer apologized recently for making what he called an “inarticulate” comment about spousal rape to the Daily Beast.