WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is backing billionaire conservative Foster Friess in his bid to be the next governor of Wyoming.
Trump tweets his endorsement of Friess, who is on the ballot in Tuesday’s Republican primary.
Trump tweets that Friess “will be a fantastic Governor! Strong on Crime, Borders & 2nd Amendment.”
Friess has a large network of political allies from his years donating to conservative candidates and initiatives, including to Trump’s 2016 campaign. He is also a major contributor to Christian causes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Trumps adds Friess: “Loves our Military & our Vets. He has my complete and total Endorsement!”
He faces State Treasurer Mark Gordon, attorney Harriet Hageman and businessman Sam Galeotos in Tuesday’s primary. The winner is expected to face state Rep. Mary Throne in the general election.