WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is backing billionaire conservative Foster Friess in his bid to be the next governor of Wyoming.
Trump tweets his endorsement of Friess, who is on the ballot in Tuesday’s Republican primary.
Trump tweets that Friess “will be a fantastic Governor! Strong on Crime, Borders & 2nd Amendment.”
Friess has a large network of political allies from his years donating to conservative candidates and initiatives, including to Trump’s 2016 campaign. He is also a major contributor to Christian causes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Trumps adds Friess: “Loves our Military & our Vets. He has my complete and total Endorsement!”
He faces State Treasurer Mark Gordon, attorney Harriet Hageman and businessman Sam Galeotos in Tuesday’s primary. The winner is expected to face state Rep. Mary Throne in the general election.