KILLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police say a tractor-trailer and SUV collided on a mountain road covered with slush and ice, killing three people.
Police say 41-year-old Lashawn Jones, of Alpharetta, Georgia, was driving the tractor-trailer east on Route 4 and the Cadillac SUV was traveling west in Killington when they crashed head-on Tuesday afternoon in the ski resort town.
Police say the driver of the SUV and two passengers were killed in the crash. Jones and three other people in the SUV were taken to a hospital for examination.
State police aren’t releasing the names of the victims until their families have been notified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She bought her dream home; a ‘sovereign citizen’ changed the locks
- Linda Evangelista says CoolSculpting 'disfigured' her. Here's what experts say about the procedure
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Investigators probe deadly Amtrak derailment in Montana
- Doctor who has lost more than 100 patients to COVID says some deny virus from their death beds: 'I don't believe you'
Vermont was getting its first significant snowstorm of the season when the crash happened.