LONDON (AP) — Traffic on a major highway in England has been disrupted for hours after a truck laden with chocolate bars burst into flames.
Drivers faced long delays after parts of the highway in Kent, southern England, were closed Thursday as fire crews put out the blaze and road workers tried to clear the debris.
A Highways England spokeswoman said the fire occurred in early Thursday, saying: “Some of the chocolate had melted onto the road. There were lots of chocolate bars everywhere.”
No injuries were reported and all lanes on the highway reopened Thursday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the blaze was not known.
The chocolate bars were reported to be Lion candy bars made by Nestle.