PHOENIX (AP) — A truck fire closed westbound Interstate 10 in central Phoenix Friday morning and there’s no immediate indication when the highway will reopen.
The Arizona Department of Transportation says the closure of westbound I-10 is between State Route 143 and 40th Street and that traffic is being diverted onto northbound SR 143. Drivers then can return to westbound I-10 via westbound Loop 202.
Eastbound I-10 remain open but ADOT says there are restrictions.
ADOT advises drivers to expect long delays in both directions and to get off westbound I-10 well before the closure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
- U.S. Supreme Court takes on Clean Water Act in Idaho couple's case
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- His mom's house flooded during Ian. He swam a half-mile to save her