MIAMI (AP) — Tropical Storm Henri is moving more quickly across the Atlantic well east of Bermuda with no change in strength.
The storm had maximum sustained winds Thursday of about 40 mph (65 kph) with some strengthening forecast in the next day or so. Henri is centered about 235 miles (375 kilometers) east of Bermuda.
Meanwhile in the Pacific, Tropical Storm Linda continues to weaken and is expected to become a tropical depression later in the day.
Linda’s maximum sustained winds have decreased to near 40 mph (65 kph). The storm is centered about 250 miles (400 kilometers) west-southwest of Punta Eugenia, Mexico, and is moving northwest at 7 mph (11 kph).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Everyone’s going to Hawaii, and the resorts aren’t ready
- The Earth is now trapping an 'unprecedented' amount of heat, NASA says
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Camper shoots Idaho family's dog after mistaking her for a wolf
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers say